Children Need the Opportunities to Learn and Skills to Succeed
We collectively have important work to do before the 2024 School Board election.
- Educate those you know with the facts and stories about what’s happening to students in Delaware schools.
- Get engaged. If you or someone you know wants to get involved, send us an email with your interest. Some ideas: Local eyes and ears in the community and within schools. Research projects. Voter’s Guide preparation.
- Read our position statements to better understand the key issues impacting students. Improving academic achievement, safety in schools, and parental involvement offer the best way forward in solving most of the challenges our kids and teachers experience.
The 2024 School Board Elections
It’s not too early for people to think about running for school board. These roles are challenging but immensely rewarding in helping kids get a better education, enabling teachers to deliver instruction in a safe, orderly classroom, and encouraging parents to stay involved.
Successful candidates often have these qualities:
- Make decisions based on shared community values
- Already involved in the community or with a district school
- Are educated on the issues school boards address
- A commitment to campaign hard leading up to the election